Have you been a naughty or nice security professional this year? Are you expecting a lot of goodies under your security tree? Are 4K monitors, drones, and biometrics on your wish list?
If you are responsible for protecting a business, school or hospital, you may or may not be excited about the holidays. The holiday season brings joy and presents to all the nice security professionals, but what if you have been naughty?
How prepared are you to deal with an incident, emergency, or disaster? When was the last time you looked at your emergency response procedures? Is your organization prepared to deal with a cybersecurity breach, a workplace/school violence incident, or a weather emergency?
If not, you may end up on the naughty list.
The Naughty or Nice Security Professional – Nice list
Below are several questions that, if answered correctly, may help you get on or stay on the nice list.
- Have you thoroughly assessed your physical security system in the last six months?
- Is your security equipment working correctly?
- Do you have updated emergency response plans?
- Do you have detailed security site plans?
- Is your security equipment serviced and maintained on a regular basis?
- Do you train and retrain your staff on a regular basis?
- Did you test your mass notification systems in the last 90 days?
- Have you table-topped your emergency response plan in the last 90 days?
- Are you adhering to federal, state, and local security regulations?
- Was your answer YES to questions 1 through 9?
If you answered yes to questions 1 through 9, you are on your way to being on or staying on the nice list. If you answered NO to question 10, then you have some work to do before you end up on the naughty list.
Even if you answered YES to questions 1 through 9, you probably still have things to do to ensure you are on the nice list. If you take care of the items on your list, you have a good chance of ending up on the nice list; if not, expect coal.
What are you doing to stay on the nice list? Who knows, sharing your secrets might even move you to the top of the list.
John Nemerofsky – President of CGL Technologies, a franchise model that focuses on optimizing business and sales processes while partnering with clients and manufacturers to drive growth in key security market locations. Learn more about CGL Technologies at https://cgltechnologies.net/